Secondary menu

Search form

Powered by

99 Ultra Classic TC88 EFI to carb

After pulling my hair out over the Magnetic Morelli, I’ve decided to convert to carburetor. I’ve ordered a S&S E carb kit and Thunderheart stand alone ignition, as well as Pingel adapters. I was going to attempt myself but I’m not going to have any time the next several months.
The guy I’m going to use is an older school mechanic, not much into Googling things, and has never done a carb conversion per se, so I’m trying to iron out all the parts issues before I take the bike and the box of parts.
One thing I’m not sure about is whether this will require a MAP sensor and how / what wiring it will connect to. There’s nothing in the ignition module diagram I’m getting that mentions it, but the carbed version of my bike has one from the factory.
Some of the parts lists I see on the forums have MAP sensor listed, others do not, but I can’t find a clear explanation one way or the other, if I actually need it.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks as always!



1 Comment

"The manifold absolute pressure sensor (MAP sensor) is one of the sensors used in an internal combustion engine's electronic control system. Engines that use a MAP sensor are typically fuel injected."

Add new comment

Please login if you already have an account or enter your details below to create one.

Your Details
This is a "Tech Help" discussion, please avoid off-topic comments.