I heard lots of stories over the years of members vistiting other members in their garages and helping them install parts and accessories together. In 2001 a friend helped me install an ISO grip on my Shadow and that opened up the world of DIY customizing for me personally.
The feature would allow members to select on their profile if they would be willing to help other members. There might be additional options:
- if they would want to visit the member or have the member visit them in their own garage (or both)
- how far they would be willing to travel
- what bikes they would want to work on
- what type of installation/maintenance work/repairs they would want to help out with
- summary of their qualifications
- what they would like in exchange (money, beer, food, etc)
Then members looking for help could search for other members closeby, read their info and request help through the message feature.
If you are interested in such a feature please give it a thumbs up and commet below if you would want to offer help or are looking for help, maybe even both.