Situation: Gasket leak. Retorqued head bolts, still leaks. Using Lucas stop leaks, still leaks but still using (note: Lucas Stop leak does not affect clutch) Please review my preliminary plan and see if you can add information, links, and red flags.
Preliminary plan to fix:
1. Unbolt engine and turn sideways, leaving on frame and staping it down.
2. Remove Cylinder head (one cylinder at a time complete all work before working on other)
3. Remove Cylinder
4. Change pistons to high preformance 10.6 to 1 compression - the plan is to not do any work at crankshaft. Simply change piston heads and rings. A ring compressor which will allow removal from piston shaft will be needed. I will be dropping cylinder over pistons. (ideas?)
5. Replace valve springs with higher spring compression. Will I need a spring compressor?
6. New valve if needed new oil seals.
7. New high lift CAM
8. New gaskets with high temperature gasket sealer. Ideas? Flags?
9. Re-install engine.
10. New performance exhaust with new gaskets.
I am currently developing the plan. Any help is appreciated.