So a few weeks ago i was on a ride with my brother and as we were sitting at a stop light at the end of our 4 hour ride, we started smelling something like rotten buring eggs. When we made it back to his house i pulled the battery cover and there was steam coming from the battery. After the battery cooled down i pulled the battery and wiped down everything so the paint wouldnt peel. I bought a new battery and replaced my voltage regulator with a new one and and checked the voltage and everything seemed fine. This time it happend after 2 days of riding.
I need some other ideas on what else i should be checking?