I've been using action cameras and helmet communication systems for over 5 years now.
The communicators got better and smaller and I've used the Chatterbox, the Senda SMH10 and 20s.
I've used pretty much the entire Gopro line from version 1 to 3 and the POV VIO cam.
When Sena added a video camera to their communicator I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.
I've done a couple of rides (see video) and here are my first impressions:
- it's easy to install in my helmet (SHOEI RF1200) and it's easy to pair with another Sena 20s unit
- bluetooth pairing to phone is super easy too and using the iphone app it's super easy to change any options
- Taking pictures and videos just takes the press of the top button
- video tagging mode is my favorite mode, it will allow you to record 1 minute back in time plus 2 minutes going forward. This is great when you don't want to record everything. Also makes it easy to find interesting clips later
- it records your voice, your riding buddies voice(s), your music or any combination of those
things that could be improved:
- voice commands for taking pictures or videos
- longer battery during camera operation. However, you can charge the unit while operating it which is helpful.
If you are in the market for a communication system I recommend Sena. Instead of spending $299 retail for a 20s I highly recommend spending the extra $50 to add the video option. It's a great deal.